Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Halloween

So I have spoken about this before and my view has not changed. We started doing events for a few reasons. One was to make a little cash so we could buy new equipment. We lose the stuff, we break the stuff and people steal the stuff. And in this industry, technology in equipment has taken leaps and bounds. So the upgrade is necessary. Another is to let those see that what what we do is real. It doesn't take very long to get the dog and pony TV shows out of your head when something real is actually happening to you. The locations we do our events at are active. We also educate people on how this activity can have a lasting affect on their lives. It changes peoples views on what is going on. We also do it as a bit of help for the locations that we hold these events at. They gain a little cash as well as publicity for whatever they are trying to do. I use to love doing the events. But now it seems everyone who has ever gone on an investigation is trying to make money at it. It is no longer novel. What was once a really cool thing to do is now tainted by a flood of over charging, under charging to cut the competition and advertisements for greed. We are right in there with everyone else at the moment. But when our events are over for this season, I highly doubt that we will do this again. Seems some have lost the meaning of what a Paranormal Investigation is. T-Shirts, coffee mugs and DVDs seem to be the meaning anymore. Careful marketing and cool flyers have always been keys in sales for every product. I don't want to be one of the groups that concentrates most of our efforts on sales. This is not why we do this.  

1 comment:

  1. As I said in an earlier post I can sure understand the way you are feeling and I beleive that it is turning into a dog and pony show with the TV series and the other groups that are out there ALL the time just to make a happy little buck. I will miss going on investigations with you all if you stop doing them. I am truly interested in finding out if anything is out there in the afterlife. Even though I have only been on a couple of investigations I find my self feeling dedicated to your group and the people in it. I must admit that I have investigated the other popular groups concerning what they do and where they go and altho there are places that they go to I would love to go to I will forever remain loyal to STLGHS. I beleive that you all are honest and that you are doing the investigations and events for the RIGHT reasons. Maybe you could have a membership and a yearly dues for the ones that really have a interest in the paranormal and then base your investigations on only inviting the "members" to the events that you may plan? I am sure that with a nominal yearly dues and then with a nominal event fee that it would weed out alot of the people that are n it for the fear factor and not the actual investigation. I would be interested in this for sure. Everyone is strapped for cash and the ones tht are truly interested in what you do will be able to pay something and it will allow you to remain true to what you do and why you do it....I am rambling on as everyone I know can attest to but wanted to state how I felt. Whatever you decide to do remain tru to yourself and what you do. You guys and the chick are awesome!!!
    Cathy Guth

    ReplyDelete